Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #61
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Re: Persistent Junesky

H2O ADDICTION,

You should ask him about the 2-3 safety divers who've lost their lives along the way too. You are not from here nor a longtime, hardcore freediver so, you probably have no idea of his history and are only supporting him now in hopes of making some money. Most locals 'in the know' know exactly what Pipin's all about. So much controversy and shady dealings through the years, not even sure I can remember them all. I've known several people who've been involved in buisiness dealings with him (honorable people I know well), who were burned beyond comprehension. You can't say you haven't been warned. I guarantee you, I for one wouldn't come near Pipin with a 10ft pole or anything he's involved in, which now includes you.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Muay Thai - and others,

I hope to help improve the bad image Persistent has among some folks. And I'm sure they want to improve things as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of a "new chapter" for them and me.

You are right Muay Thai - I've only been spearfishing for 5-6 years so I am a relative newbie to all of this, and I am a new resident of this state - But I believe the Persistent image can change for the better - whether or not there has been a troubled past - I have not been part of it nor am I entirely filled on on it all - Nor do I care to be. I am interested in the here and now - and the future.

As far as Pipin having safety divers die. How the hell does that happen? Doe he just kill them with his mind? LOL! Aren't divers responsible for their own equipment and safety checks?

I'd imagine sled diving to 500 feet is a tad bit dangerous - I'd imagine scuba that deep is maybe even more so. Doing it on a daily or weekly basis would put ANYONE at great risk. Did he force them to stay in the water? Or is he the safety for the safety? I just find it hard to believe the "suspicions" are true. Pipin is not just a freedive spearfisherman - inherently dangerous in itself. No limits freediving to record depths is a bit insane. Unfortunately accident's are bound to happen and will happen. Anyone involved knows the risk I'm sure.

Sorry to those who wish to "dis-associate" with me because of my involvement and opinions. Not that I was personally involved with ANY of the people who have decided to "disassociate" from me in the first place. Persistent AND Pipin Have their proponents - I know MANY of them. They also have people who disapprove or otherwise of Their actions or rumors for whatever reason. Such is life - Such is America - Divided we stand - Divided we fall.

On a side note - I find the majority of the Persistent gear to be affordable and of good quality - Some even on the high end of the scale in fact. I've compared it side by side of other popular brands and it meets or exceeds in quality no doubt. I am nothing more than a "sales-rep" for Persistent at this point and I have nothing further on this subject to say - I stand firm in my beliefs. You may not - But many stand beside me.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 10-26-2011 at 05:04 PM.
H2O ADDICTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #63
Smudge
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O ADDICTION View Post
As far as Pipin having safety divers die. How the hell does that happen? Doe he just kill them with his mind? LOL! Aren't divers responsible for their own equipment and safety checks?
You need to do some SERIOUS research before you go throwing LOL's around when talking about the dead.
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #64
AndrewK

Quote:
I stand firm in my beliefs. You may not - But many stand beside me.

Who might that be?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #65
Bulit7

It's all bout the money ain't it...sad. You can't pr integrity dude, and yours unfortunately, is going further down the tube with every post. I hope that you at least make some money from this turd.

Word MT!
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #66
Bulit7

Quote:
Such is life - Such is America - Divided we stand - Divided we fall.

How about justice for all instead. I think that is what America stands for. Divided what?

And btw, nothing personal but I gotta say that you are starting to sound like a cheesball used car salesman about this pr thing.

Problem here is promoting a brand via poaching. Promoting a charter, with videos of poaching activity. Trying to sell us these charters and then taking divers to somewhere else and attributing failure, to a "bad day". It's a ripoff. Are you going to tell us that his charters are legit? Is that your position?
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #67
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
You need to do some SERIOUS research before you go throwing LOL's around when talking about the dead.
Oh yeah - Especially when speaking of ones dead wife huh? Get real.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #68
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapp View Post
Who might that be?
All of your PSL dive buddies for one...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #69
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulit7 View Post
How about justice for all instead. I think that is what America stands for. Divided what?

And btw, nothing personal but I gotta say that you are starting to sound like a cheesball used car salesman about this pr thing.

Problem here is promoting a brand via poaching. Promoting a charter, with videos of poaching activity. Trying to sell us these charters and then taking divers to somewhere else and attributing failure, to a "bad day". It's a ripoff. Are you going to tell us that his charters are legit? Is that your position?
We are a divided country - Almost 50 percent disagree with the other 50 percent - And as I said - I'm hoping to change the "perception" that Team Persistent is a bunch of bad guys. Maybe they are - But maybe - Just maybe I can help turn things toward the better. I think I can - People do change - Ask me how I know.

Give me and these guys a break - If new controversial issues arise I'll deal with them on a personal level and do what is right. Until then I consider what has been said, done, or perceived to be "water under the bridge" and besides I was not there for the flood in the first place.

And as far as the whole PR thing goes - My entire club and it's members are being outfitted AT COST. Pretty good PR if you ask me - The club is blowing up with new members...

Peace out - I'm done with this. Moving on to bigger fish - And money? I'll make money with this....I've already made over 350 bucks - Not to mention thousands in free gear. I started yesterday. Top that. Yeah I'm a fool! LOL! Sure these are the easy sales I know that. It will get harder - But I'm good. Hasta La Vista.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 10-26-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #70
freedivingfool
JOIN OUR DIVE CLUB!

Team persistent gives me persistent diarrhea everytime i watch their shit!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #71
faster7581

Quote:
My entire club and it's members are being outfitted AT COST. -
some of their stuff can be bought off alibaba.com for less than cost
faster7581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #72
stillinscrubs

Quote:
We are a divided country - Almost 50 percent disagree with the other 50 percent - And as I said - I'm hoping to change the "perception" that Team Persistent is a bunch of bad guys. Maybe they are - But maybe - Just maybe I can help turn things toward the better. I think I can - People do change - Ask me how I know.

Give me and these guys a break - If new controversial issues arise I'll deal with them on a personal level and do what is right. Until then I consider what has been said, done, or perceived to be "water under the bridge" and besides I was not there for the flood in the first place.

And as far as the whole PR thing goes - My entire club and it's members are being outfitted AT COST. Pretty good PR if you ask me - The club is blowing up with new members...

Peace out - I'm done with this. Moving on to bigger fish -
I am very new to the area, a fetus to the sport, but I have already heard one story from a shop down here about Persistent along the lines of what Scott said above. If you guys get used promise you'll tell us about it..
stillinscrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by faster7581 View Post
some of their stuff can be bought off alibaba.com for less than cost
Key word SOME - A very limited SOME at that. The overseas shipping on ONE piece of equipment will end that great deal for you faster than you thought this crap up. A whole new line is coming out very shortly. Every piece is fairly high end.

And stillinscrubs - If I get burned you'll all be the first to know. I will hold my tail between my legs and say "I was a dumb ass" - Now like I said before - Peace - Hasta La Vista. On to new and better things - All the Drama Queens and Nay Sayers - Have at it. For me, this is "old hat" - Time to put it to rest. And thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement via PM! (chickens!) - It's turn-around time.

Even looking at this thread is a BIG waste of time. You can never please everyone. Atleast SOME people can see the positives that may come from this. I am in fact heavily supported in this endeavor by many "stand up" men and women - Unfortunately they have thinner skin than me and most dare not post - Lest they be lambasted and burned at the stake. It's the beauty, and the beast, of internet forums.

Oh and did you hear Lindsay Lohan is gonna be in Playboy? Maybe I should cancel my subscription. Doesn't she have a bad reputation - A boozer - A loser - a druggie - a slut? Hmmmmm? Does THAT stand aginst your morals? Get Hef on the phone - This is BULLSHIT HEF! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Get a grip fellas.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 10-26-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #74
greekdiver

Send a message via MSN to greekdiver

For money, the monkey dances.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #75
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdiver View Post