Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Charter Trips - Florida

Charter Trips - Florida Unlike other forums, we encourage you charter guys to post trip info!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #31
junior

Re: UG Trip to Middlegrounds June 14

If I went on a trip and had a horrible experience (stuck on a lengthy charter with a crew of ass-wipes) and received as much grief from the business owner or person in charge as the Hermes did on their trip, I too would make remind everyone about it until the day came where the owner stood up and apologized, regardless of all the other people's rosy experiences. It's only been what....like three years or more. Other than that, knock yourself out and have a good time as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be hard pressed to spend that kinda jack for a two day limit, unless they were a great FRA/SBO/FSDA/SPO sponsor. Maybe I've missed that aspect of their business plan...

Last edited by junior; 05-24-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #32
bgbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior
If I went on a trip and had a horrible experience (stuck on a lenghty charter with a crew of asswipes) and received as much grief from the business owner or person in charge as the Hermes did on their trip, I too would make it my mission in life to remind everyone about it until the day came where the owner stood up and apologized, regardless of all the other peoples rosy experiences. It's only been what....like three years or more. Other than that, knock yourself out and have a good time as far as I'm concerned.
So do you expect everyone who has had a bad experience or knows someone who did to trash the charter company for the rest of their life?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #33
dagodiver
Wreck Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior
If I went on a trip and had a horrible experience (stuck on a lengthy charter with a crew of ass-wipes) and received as much grief from the business owner or person in charge as the Hermes did on their trip, I too would make it my mission in life to remind everyone about it until the day came where the owner stood up and apologized, regardless of all the other people's rosy experiences. It's only been what....like three years or more. Other than that, knock yourself out and have a good time as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be hard pressed to spend that kinda jack for a two day limit, unless they were a great FRA/SBO/FSDA/SPO sponsor. Maybe I've missed that aspect of their business plan...

Then sir you have a very sad LIFE.!

Dago.

Last edited by dagodiver; 05-24-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #34
junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagodiver
Then sir you have a very sad LIFE.!

Dago.
Typing for three minutes to express an opinion does not constitute the quality or hapiness of my life Mike. Ask anyone who knows me.

Alright...maybe not my mission in life, but I would find it hard to forget the experience and would feel somewhat obligated to bring it up once every six months or so

Last edited by junior; 05-24-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #35
Spearchucker

Hey guys, to each his own. This board is all about informing each other. If I kept my mouth shut, then the unsuspecting would think the UG was the way to go.

BTW - Would ANY of you dive the MG's with ten other people on the bottom at a time????????????? Would you pay $910 for the priveledge? How would the unsuspecting EVER know this was complete BS if it was taboo to say so on the board.

Hey Diver 466 - nice way to hide behind a blank profile.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #36
bgbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchucker
Hey guys, to each his own. This board is all about informing each other. If I kept my mouth shut, then the unsuspecting would think the UG was the way to go.
John,

Are you saying anyone who has had a bad experience on a charter should be relentless in their attacks on the charter company?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #37
Spearchucker

Depends on what your definition of "bad experience", and whether their seems to be a distinct pattern to it. Go back two or three years ago and read some of the long threads on the UG. They have a dubious track record, as evidenced by many, many other stories from people on the board.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #38
richhermes
Nappy Headed Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagodiver
Dont waste your time.
Aside from John who dives alot the other 2 brothers post nothing but garbage.

Dago.
I don't think the amount of diving has anything to do with the ability to recognize shiatty customer service, Mike.

You know damn straight if any regular on this board had a bad experience with a charter or dive equip manuf., it would be aired here. Normally it's addressed by the owner or rep. in a respectable amount of time. Same can be said for Zeagle, Kevin Bruington, Riffe and all the other SB sponsors. I respect that.
I could give a shiat about the UG, it's the non-response to a bad experience on what is argueably the biggest spearo forum around that I find cowardly.
I'm not making it my mission, but you will not catch me saying a good thing about Capt Rick's operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbill
John,

Are you saying anyone who has had a bad experience on a charter should be relentless in their attacks on the charter company?
Bret you know if you were on the shiat end of the stick in a bad charter trip, you would be relentless in your attack, even more so if the Charter was a non-SB sponsor.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 PM   #39
bgbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by richhermes
Bret you know if you were on the shiat end of the stick in a bad charter trip, you would be relentless in your attack, even more so if the Charter was a non-SB sponsor.
That is not true, I have had bad experiences on charters before, so have several others, yet we don't bitch about it like you guys do with the UG.

BTW Were you on the UG? if so how many trips?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:51 AM   #40
f94gator

Quote:
That is not true, I have had bad experiences on charters before, so have several others, yet we don't bitch about it like you guys do with the UG.

Someone brought up the UG - we shared our opinion. I don't see us going out of our way to trash them, but we're sure as hell going to say what we think when it's brought up. Much like you would if someone came to discussing WCC weigh-ins.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #41
Spearchucker

Quote:

Yes, we were all on the same trip. Bret, it is kind of the pot calling the kettle black with you. You are EASILY the biggest bitcher about anything and everything on the board. Just my $.02.

BTW - You have stock in the UG? Just trying to figure out what your stake in this is, or why you even care.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:10 AM   #42
bgbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchucker
Yes, we were all on the same trip. Bret, it is kind of the pot calling the kettle black with you. You are EASILY the biggest bitcher about anything and everything on the board. Just my $.02.

BTW - You have stock in the UG? Just trying to figure out what your stake in this is, or why you even care.
You are the one who bitches the most about things.

It just gets old hearing the same old crap about the UG, I have no interest in the UG, I doubt they are a Publicly Owned Company, so no I do not own any stock.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 AM   #43
f94gator

On that note, this horse has been beaten quite enough.
Closed Thread