Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Megladon80

Got my first fish ever new to spearfishing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1409442929118.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	210232
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1409442891710.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	210231  
Megladon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
kj555

Re: Got my first fish ever new to spearfishing.

Ok, what you got there...pretty cool color, odd looking tail. Where u located
kj555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Originalspearch

Right on man spear 'em up … But that fish you have is in the parrot fish family… Which makes it illegal to spear… Get a fish and game regulation brochure and study the spearfishing section. Even though spearfishing accounts for less than 1/2 of 1% of all fish taken by any means its the most highly regulated form of fishing (I know not fair). And ole Green Jeans aka "F.W.C. Officers" will not take any mercy on you even though you're new. It seems they have a hard-on for Spearfishers…
Old 08-31-2014, 01:17 AM   #4
quatin

You might want to take those pictures down. You are not allowed to spear those.
quatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 AM   #5
kwtony
Snorkel Master

OP has yet to post his location, parrots could be perfectly legal to spear where he is from...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #6
slowboat

Agree with Tony , it is his first post , and could be legal where he is from .
slowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
Originalspearch

Well He's in the Florida East coast forum so just in case the new guy is from here I'm just trying to help him… Its funny nobody post to give him possibly helpful material, but you guys post hinting to him that it might be legal. Well if this makes you guys feel better… Megladon Unless your in hawaii or the bahamas or some where on the central eastern seaboard where they might be legal to spear I'd take it down. But I can tell you for fact its Illegal to spear in Florida so you can listen to whoever you want I'm just trying to help and save you some money and headache in the process….

There is that better now guys???
Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
Originalspearch

I'm may be going out on a limb. But I'm just going to guess he's from the east coast of florida between Boca - The Keys… (Reason #1)--- He was smart enough to join therefore he can read, so he knows what geo location he's posting in…
(Reason #2)--- Everywhere north of Delray has had some pretty significant swells and bad viz. Well we won't know until he posts or update his profile info and thats assuming he's even a guy we don't know that either but we're all okay assuming so in that case...
Old 08-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Get off your soap box and stop preaching to us dude. We all know the laws...People often post in the wrong forums and I dont see a single person in here that is advocating shooting fish that aren't supposed to be taken.

Its illegal to spear these because its considered a tropical fish. They are eaten everywhere in the world but here. Surprisingly enough, they feed on coral....so while everyone likes to blame humans for coral degradation, if you really think about it, its really those ****ers that are doing the most damage...I watch them chew on coral and shit out sand all day long.

How exactly are you saving this guy money?? Other then a simple bashing from the random people of the internets, there is a damn thing that going to happen to him, so stop acting like it is. For what its worth, I could take a photo of me doing an 8ball of cocaine out of a hookers ass, and then post it on the local polices facebook page, and guess how much money that will cost me....ill give you a hint, the number rhymes with spearo...

If the mods feel that this thread is an issue, they will delete it, otherwise, as you've admitted already, all youre doing is assuming....

edit: i do not do drugs at all

Last edited by kwtony; 08-31-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #10
Megladon80

Lesson learned
Megladon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #11
Originalspearch

Soap Box??? I'm not bashing the dude. saving him money by possibly helping avoid a dumb as ticket for simply not knowing a law thats all. I have no chip on my shoulder you can ask anyone who knows me. and as far as you go KWtony i know you're def a well respected spear board local so believe me i'm def not barking up your tree, and thats just me being honest. any you advice you have i would take no prob… like i said the first time i was just honestly trying to help a new spearo
Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
Originalspearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Get off your soap box and stop preaching to us dude. We all know the laws...People often post in the wrong forums and I dont see a single person in here that is advocating shooting fish that aren't supposed to be taken.

Its illegal to spear these because its considered a tropical fish. They are eaten everywhere in the world but here. Surprisingly enough, they feed on coral....so while everyone likes to blame humans for coral degradation, if you really think about it, its really those ****ers that are doing the most damage...I watch them chew on coral and shit out sand all day long.

How exactly are you saving this guy money?? Other then a simple bashing from the random people of the internets, there is a damn thing that going to happen to him, so stop acting like it is. For what its worth, I could take a photo of me doing an 8ball of cocaine out of a hookers ass, and then post it on the local polices facebook page, and guess how much money that will cost me....ill give you a hint, the number rhymes with spearo...

If the mods feel that this thread is an issue, they will delete it, otherwise, as you've admitted already, all youre doing is assuming....

edit: i do not do drugs at all
I'm not talking about getting tickets for the pic… I'm talking god forbid he was walking up the beach proudly with his catch unknowingly of the fact he's holding an Illegal fish then whamooo take your ticket son!!!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #13
kwtony
Snorkel Master

My apologies my sarcasm sometimes get the best of me, trust me, im all too familiar with this soap box......

Buuuuuuuuuuut, there you have it, people accidentally break rules all the time. Its those that admit, and learn from the mistakes that actually have a chance and that deserve the opportunity to reconcile

Here is a pic of a father with his family on base in key west.

The man, had a few days off his job and tried taking out his family and dogs in their teeny tiny little skiff to take them fishing... He came back with an undersized grouper, undersized YT and a few grunts...Instead of chastising him, I explained to ruled and regs, and actually managed to do a live release of the grouper he had. Then i pulled my only grouper (small but legal) and gave it to him. The man tried to take his family out fishing, and busted his ass in the process. While he really should have known the regs before hand, im not going to sit here and read him the riot act for a mistake. Im glad we saw it. Its the people that knowingly break the laws, and keep doing it, that deserve that treatment....all day long

Out of curiosity, howd it taste?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
Originalspearch

all i said was get a reg book and learn it never said any thing else besides they won't take mercy on him. thats it. actually i told him good catch and i'm not sarcastic i really meant it. btw i can attest for their taste i've eaten them in hawaii some of the locals call them sweetlips. and when i came back to florida I TOO MADE THE SAME MISTAKE HE DID AND SHOT A BIG RED PARROTFISH. No ticket though. didn't know i was chastising him … kwtony I'm sure you saw the post of the video in the forum of the guy who shot the Jewfish and all the ridiculous people trying to turn him in when it was an honest mistake. i'm not that type of guy trust me...
Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #15
kj555

X2 on Originals first post....it is east coast section. Always little tidbits of meaningless "opinions/remarks" from the bored people at home. So I'll get mine in ;-D
kj555 is offline   Reply With Quote