Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Private Trips -Florida

Private Trips -Florida Here is your area for finding hunting buddies. Have extra room on your boat? Looking for a boat to jump on? Post here!

Old 10-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
diverclint

Fishing/diving for ARS

Hello,

The last weekend for ARS this year is 10/26 and 10/27. I am planning on making a run out to the grounds, about 90 miles due west of Hudson. Leave with the tides on Saturday, return Sunday late morning to mid afternoon.

I have 2 confirmed (a buddy and myself). I can take up to 6 total, but 4-5 is more comfortable. I have a twin outboard 30' boat.

I was going to take a full boat out this weekend, but the weather was not cooperating. Ideal sea conditions are 3' or less. Anything more is just not worth getting beat up over.

We split the cost more or less evenly. Figure $110-$140 per person for the fuel, 2 stroke oil and bait. You supply your own gear, food and whatever you want to drink. For divers, if you start drinking adult beverages, you are done diving for the day.

Diving is OK, but we normally do better on just hook and line.

PM if interested.
diverclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
Jason_514

Re: Fishing/diving for ARS

What’s the depth that far out?
Jason_514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
diverclint

110 to 145
Old 10-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #4
sharpshooter

Clint, I hope the long range weekend forecast improves. I'm suppose to go offshore fishing on Saturday towards the Elbow.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 AM   #5
diverclint

So far the weather looks OK for Saturday and hopefully Sunday too.

I got a full boat. We will probably just hook and line, but I will bring my dive gear with me just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2464.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	244303   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9630[1].jpg
Views:	645
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	244304  
Old 10-22-2019, 08:07 AM   #6
CatDiver

We were going to go last weekend but obviously the weather didn't cooperate. I'm out of town this weekend but hope you guys get better weather. Looks Do-able but not great at this point. Although it's only Tuesday.
CatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
diverclint

Safety in numbers. If anyone out there wants to follow me out, or I follow you, then now is this the time to contact. I will be leaving from my dock in Hudson and going nearly due west about 85 miles from the outer marker at Hudson around 10AMish. We usually stop at several places on the way out and plan on being at the grounds late afternoon a few hours before sunset. Optimum cruise for me is 30MPH but I can run faster or slightly slower. Top is 56 but I very rarely go that fast.

There is some fantastic cheese bottom at 50-65 miles out where we drift around and hopefully load up in red grouper.

Once out at the grounds, we will scout around, set out some marker jugs, anchor up, have an early dinner and start bottom fishing. IF things go as planned, we will be at our limit in the early morning hours and start heading in shortly after first light. On the way back, we troll a bit, keep an eye out for bait pods and just relax. Hopefully everyone is fairly well whipped and just want to sleep or nap.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
sharpshooter

This weekend's seas aren't looking too good for the MG or Elbow. At least Governor DeSantis is extending ARS for another weekend for Nov. 2-3. The news got released today.

Last edited by sharpshooter; 10-24-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote