Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 08-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
kendo

5mm Open Cell Two Piece Wet Suit

I have a custom made 2 piece wet suit I bought 10 years ago. Back then I was still in the Army and since getting out I have gotten a little bigger. When I had the suit made I was 6' and only 155 lbs. Now I'm around 215 lbs. I wanted to give spearing a try back then but never got around to it. I may give it a go one day, especially now that I have a Hobie Outback to use as well. Whether I give it another go or not I doubt I will ever use this. I don't see myself shrinking back down in the future.

So I have a couple questions.

1. Am I correct that this suit is too small for me going forward?

2. If it is too small does anyone need a suit? I don't remember who makes the suit and will have to check again. If I remember right it was a custom maker based in Italy but my recollection could be off after 10 years.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
SEATUX

Re: 5mm Open Cell Two Piece Wet Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo View Post
I have a custom made 2 piece wet suit I bought 10 years ago. Back then I was still in the Army and since getting out I have gotten a little bigger. When I had the suit made I was 6' and only 155 lbs. Now I'm around 215 lbs.
1. Am I correct that this suit is too small for me going forward?

ALL neoprene shrinks with age, AND looses a % of the stretch it once had...So That will make it much tighter on you, if you can even get it on.
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
kendo

Re: 5mm Open Cell Two Piece Wet Suit

Thanks. That makes sense. The last time I put it on it was noticeably tighter. I can only imagine that getting worse in the years and growth since. I guess I'll probably give it away.