Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Crissay53

Cressi sub reel

Does the cressi sube reel fit on the mako mount? I have one from my cressi geronimo and was wondering if i got a mako reel mount if it would fit onmy 130. If not what reels do git the mako mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	209030  
Old 08-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Re: Cressi sub reel

it does not from the factory. I got that exact same reel to fit on a gun with a standard mount, but it took some whittling with a knife. Actually a utility blade. But it works well. Holds in with a screw...

If you plan on keeping that reel, I would make one suggestion on modifying it to make it work a lot nicer. If you remove the spool and find an o-ring that slides down the shaft, install one and then reinstall the spool. Its much quieter, smoother, the drag works better, seems like its a gradual tension due to the compression of the o-ring, vs either loose or tight...plus...it practically eliminates the chance of a black-lash. I could yank on the reel and it would tangle up with out it, after adding the o-ring, i couldn't make it backlash once...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote