Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Butchbal

Considering Paralenz Vaquita

Anyone here using the Paralenz Vaquita? I am considering a purchase but would like some feedback from anyone that has actually used one before I drop $800.
Thanks for any feedback.
Butchbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #2
CuzzA

Re: Considering Paralenz Vaquita

I have the original Paralenz and IMO it's still better than the latest GoPro. The new model will be the best underwater action camera on the market. The only downside is you have to charge the battery instead of being user replaceable. I really wished they went that way instead of a small on screen view finder at the rear. If you're going to be doing a lot of dives for the whole day it would be wise to bring a charging cord or battery charging pack. It will do a couple 60 minute dives, but you'd be hard pressed to get a third 60 minute dive. Of course for us spearfishing we don't dive like that so it usually will get the job done for a day. They may have increased the battery capacity on the new model.

You won't be disappointed as the automatic dive color correction helps to make post edit easier. I still tweak the brightness, contrast and sometimes the white balance in editing. They also may have improved that function as well. I also like the onscreen depth and temp display.

FWIW, my experience with their customer service has been very good as well. Here's a video I just posted.

CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
jfjf

you been training in the pool? I don't think you could swim that fast when we dove together?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 PM   #4
CuzzA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
you been training in the pool? I don't think you could swim that fast when we dove together?
You didn't know I could swim as fast as a 40 ft whale? Haha. No way could we keep up with it without the boat.

But the natives were shocked we got that much time with it. They say normally you see the Brydes once or twice and they dive back down to the bottom, which was about a 1000 ft where we were at. The humpbacks are apparently more social with humans.

Very cool experience though. Last time I got a Manta on our Safety Stop. If I get a whale Shark next time it would be hard to justify the expense of going to Cocos. Little Cocos is turning out to be a hell of spot.

Next time I will be more prepared to shoot some fish, but there's a lot of conflicting information about the legality of spearfishing in Costa Rica
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote