Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #31
e.m.p!

Re: installing neptonics reef line release

I mounted the same last year. I can't tell the distance, (can measure if you want me to) since results may vary. However, I didn't use a jig and figured it with a small offcut aligned to the trigger housing and a pushpin through the pivot hole. Quite simple, but worked. The release was initially a bit sticky, but after 5min of sanding the corners it worked a charm.
e.m.p! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #32
spearomurray

For anyone who stumbles on this issue in the future:
I ended up clamping the Neptonics Euro Mech to the side of a spare board and drilling holes for the line release pivot at 1/32" increments away from the side of the mech. 3/16" between the side of the mech and the center of the line release pivot worked best.

Also, positioned the line release pivot approximately on center with the line release slot on the side of the mech.

I understand we all have parts variability. And don't get me wrong, the guys at Neptonics are awesome. They made my build easier on so many levels. But still...documentation....
spearomurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #33
popgun pete

A set of measurement templates could be prepared as line drawings and put in an Acrobat pdf file which will print out at the correct scale. Just to be sure a reference square could be included to check the scale, such as 1" x 1" to make sure the size was right. Print it out and then cut it out.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:16 AM   #34
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPOL View Post
Hi everyone,
i've been having some trouble working out where to locate the slot for the line release on a neptonics reef mechanism. I have tried contacting josh at neptonics and his australian dealer but neither have been very helpful unfortunately. any help would be much appreciated

thanks in andvance
Hi Depol,

First off sorry you had trouble contacting Josh. Unfortunately Neptonics has grown way bigger than the "man". We now have four stores internationally with more in the pipeline. We ship to every country in the world from our delivery hub in Florida and respond to inquires from three spearfishing forums, Instagram, Facebook, our website, Josh and Jerry's email and those who happen to have their cell phones! We aren't complaining but it's a full time job.

If you (and anyone else) have any specific questions please call one of our sales technicians during business hours for immediate assistance at either the Tampa or Long Beach stores.

Tampa FL: 813-732-0534
Long Beach, CA: (562) 343-7827

Unfortunately trying to get Josh on the phone these days is like asking for Bill Gates when your PC crashes.

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Neptonic Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:29 AM   #35
BajaMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptonic Systems View Post
Hi Depol,

First off sorry you had trouble contacting Josh. Unfortunately Neptonics has grown way bigger than the "man". We now have four stores internationally with more in the pipeline. We ship to every country in the world from our delivery hub in Florida and respond to inquires from three spearfishing forums, Instagram, Facebook, our website, Josh and Jerry's email and those who happen to have their cell phones! We aren't complaining but it's a full time job.

If you (and anyone else) have any specific questions please call one of our sales technicians during business hours for immediate assistance at either the Tampa or Long Beach stores.

Tampa FL: 813-732-0534
Long Beach, CA: (562) 343-7827

Unfortunately trying to get Josh on the phone these days is like asking for Bill Gates when your PC crashes.
You guys musta been real busy....almost 6 years lol he posted that 08-02-2011

BajaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 AM   #36
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaMike View Post
You guys musta been real busy....almost 6 years lol he posted that 08-02-2011
Phew! And here we felt terrible for missing the thread!

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Neptonic Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #37
e.m.p!

Well, technically it's a resurrected thread – spearomurray was asking a question that has never really been answered. I had a similar issue with the same trigger last year.
Anyway – shows the value of this forum vs the volatile Facebook deathpile pic boredom
e.m.p! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #38
Freedvrjim
straight shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.m.p! View Post
Well, technically it's a resurrected thread – spearomurray was asking a question that has never really been answered. I had a similar issue with the same trigger last year.
Anyway – shows the value of this forum vs the volatile Facebook deathpile pic boredom
This

the volatile Facebook deathpile pic boredom

Old 12-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #39
doyenofcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearomurray View Post
For anyone who stumbles on this issue in the future:
I ended up clamping the Neptonics Euro Mech to the side of a spare board and drilling holes for the line release pivot at 1/32" increments away from the side of the mech. 3/16" between the side of the mech and the center of the line release pivot worked best.

Also, positioned the line release pivot approximately on center with the line release slot on the side of the mech.

I understand we all have parts variability. And don't get me wrong, the guys at Neptonics are awesome. They made my build easier on so many levels. But still...documentation....
second hole will be 0.4'' ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	236361  

Last edited by doyenofcastle; 12-27-2017 at 01:13 PM.
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #40
triponempa
internet troll

so - why weren't the diagrams they gave you - useful for doing this?
the diagrams i have - clearly say 3/16" off the side.
why the guesses?

btw - riffe sells a spring system to return the lever back to position
it is easy to install - i.ve done it a few times and it works awesom!
problem is- it costs like 25$
the one you want is the euro one (for riffe euro guns)
triponempa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #41
humpinit

I realize that this is an old thread but I’d like to say something. I have found that the jigs were useless to me as my tracks have been deeper than normal or I set my uhmw track higher than normal. I’ve only ever built one gun at a time. All different so jigs haven’t helped me. Yet
humpinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #42
doyenofcastle

I tried 10.4 and it work ,as an end user with limited wood skills I spend 5 minutes to install erme and 2 hrs to install reef mechanism ,you know what I ll choose next time .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000 (2).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	236367  
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote