Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 11-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #16
FreediveCA

Re: Lobster Essentials

I'm with Markio on this. It isn't Neptonics's bag that's the problem. I just don't like the metal, makes it bulky. After losing mine I grabbed a cheap mesh bag with a pull string in a rush and never went back to any of the typical lobster bags. It wasn't even an actual dive bag, but it worked perfect. I don't have to hold the bag just clip it to my belt, and it's just as easy to open. Just clip it to my belt and then my hands are free. When it's empty it's like it's not even there and it can fit a lot, and roll up into my gear bag once I'm done. Nothing against Neptonics of course. Love you guys. Always have the right stuff at a good price just a preference on the bag.
FreediveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #17
Scottyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=186107

It costs me less than $0.15 per gauge to make myself and I give them out for free to dive buddies and other spearos.
As of now I've made six gauges, and only kept two.
I still have enough material to make 10+ gauges from 6061-T6 sheets.
Keeping the DIY spirit strong.
IMHO if I had to buy one, I'd rather buy a neptonics gauge than a cheaply stamped made in China gauge.
So if you make your own lobster gauges why do you need to get more and for free? Do you hoard gauges lol?

I get your point that they are cheap but just because they are cheap it doesn't mean that every fishing store can afford to give them out for free to anyone who wants them.
Scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #18
Ren

*Hint* That's the whole point.

Last edited by Ren; 11-13-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote