Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Freediver105

Free diver looking for buddy near the charleston SC area

Wondering if anyone in the charleston, SC area is heading out next weekend to go free diving. Comfortable hunting in depths up to 70ft. Will help for gas/cleaning boat ect. Thanks!
Freediver105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
mcbububen

Re: Free diver looking for buddy near the charleston SC area

looking to possibly relocate to charleston in the near future...how is the diving there?
mcbububen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Freediver105

I have not gotten the chance to get out much since I have been busy working weekdays and I do not have a boat to get offshore. The inshore is stirred up due to the runoff from the rivers, so the inshore is so so depending on whether. It is definitely much warmer than the RI/NY waters I am used to diving though!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
mcbububen

okay so an offshore capable boat is a must i see. i am used to diving obx where i previously lived.

im currently in ny at school, deciding where i want to live/work/spear when i graduate. i was trying to get some info on spearing RI (block island maybe).

Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Freediver105

Block Island is great, lots of big fish. If you are ever in Newport, RI there are a few great places to get some shore dives in. Mainly will load up on Tautog, Striped Bass, and the occasional bluefish, triggers during the summer, scup and black sea bass.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
mcbububen

sweet i was thinking about getting some shore dives in before i leave the area in october. what are we talking for wetsuit? 5 will do? is the vis good often or only on certain weather patterns?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Freediver105

The vis depends on the tides. Try to catch the high slack tides if possible. I used a 3mm wetsuit during my 4 years in RI. I have a pretty good cold tolerance, but I would recommend a 5 or 7mm suit.