Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Spear-Ritual

Cabo San Lucas Spearfishing Help Needed

Any good ideas on spearfishing in Cabo. dive ops, where to stay, what the laws are etc etc
Spear-Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
wlkconsulting

Send a message via Skype™ to wlkconsulting
Re: Cabo San Lucas Spearfishing Help Needed

[quote=Spear-Ritual;1508607]Any good ideas on spearfishing in Cabo. dive ops, where to stay, what the laws are etc etc[/QUOTE

General info..Others can fill in the gaps...

Depends on where you're going. Get a mex fishing license pronto just in case. Freedive spearing only..No scuba. The great spots require a boat to get to..There are some shore spots here and there...Get with stevencabo..He lives there and can give you more info..I live in Texas and only visit every year...I was there toward the end of July and got blasted by bad visibility everyday for 2 weeks from shore spots (mostly on east cape miles from Cabo)...It must have been because of the hurricane that passed by during my visit...winds or currents pushing crap making cloudy waters etc..The best thing that came out of that trip is my son shot his first fish in Baja and we found a huge virgin reef that appears to be accessible only by boat...We had to break some trespassing rules to figure out how to get to it..Once figured, we swam to it...full of game. Just could barely see a damn thing.

Funny thing is my son and I dive near the arch (no spearing allowed) the last 3 days of our visit..Fish all over the place!..huge parrot, huge leopard grouper etc...were crying..Visability was excellent. I wish we could have went around the corner and dove the pacific side but the water conditions were too crazy...I hear the pacific is divable during the winter months..

Last edited by wlkconsulting; 08-22-2011 at 07:53 PM.
wlkconsulting is offline   Reply With Quote