Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #16
growingupninja
Lance

Re: WA announcement- PV fishing rights and access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolinedaniel View Post
I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything changed with this area it used to be one of my favorite spots
I think they are ticketing now more aggressively. I want to say I've heard of a handful more spearos getting tickets for hopping the fence, and getting stopped and questioned by law enforcement if seen in the area with dive gear. People still make their way down to the water--I regularly see h&l fishermen on the rocks when I go there on my boat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

For PFI Freediving classes in the Los Angeles area: http://www.socalspearit.com/freedving-classes
YouTube channel: SoCal Spear-It https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCme...kaUpPMG4NX1rKg
growingupninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #17
Bob Ballew

...This issue is 3 years old. Has anyone appeared before the city council to ask them to resolve the problem by improving and marking trails that make the area assessable? A traffic commissioner is barely versed in the Vehicle Code, which contains 15,000 sections! She was not qualified to rule on the issue and rightly so, as a ruling against you would set precedent.... It has to go to a higher level, first, putting the issue before city council meetings, (you have only 3 minutes in most presentations, so, I put together a handout with more detail when addressing them and insure each member receives a copy). Usually, they take it home to read, which helps your cause if their wife reads it. If they won't or can't offer a solution, then, the next move is file a law suit showing the City is violating the public right to ocean access.
...Because of dirtbag attorneys filing many frivilous lawsuits left and right against everyone with money, cities are in a tough spot if someone falls and is injured on the steep, often, slippery trails or fakes injury to collect a big settlement...Meeting with their city attorney would be worthwhile to get their take on the problem, then, you have a clear idea of how to proceed.
... If unresolved, then, a lawsuit is in order.....BUT, if you lose, you can be held liable for the other side's attorney costs, so, be careful what you wish for....Make sure your side knows the law..There is an old saying, "When the law is on your side, argue the law...when the law is against you, attack your opponents and challenge their integrity, honesty and everything else you can think of..... Cities will often settle just to get you to go away! Never go to court and ask a question you don't previously know the answer to......wishful "fishing" will get you on the hook...
... I was president of the RPV Seaview Homeowners Association and had to take on Donald Trump with his grand plans for 3 story golf course homes blocking our Catalina views..We won most of the issues and got the size down to 2-story and a lowering of fence size.. but, "lost" on the size on the flag allowed on his golf course,( a side issue, among others to hide our real intent)...It is called bury the hook deep in the bait or distract to pull attention off the big issue you need to win!...Anyway, it is just my take after years of taking on various interests that conflict with my notion of fairness...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-13-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:08 PM   #18
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingupninja View Post
I think they are ticketing now more aggressively. I want to say I've heard of a handful more spearos getting tickets for hopping the fence, and getting stopped and questioned by law enforcement if seen in the area with dive gear. People still make their way down to the water--I regularly see h&l fishermen on the rocks when I go there on my boat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That's really disheartening since there is no way other than by boat to get down there
Jolinedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #19
ebar

I was stopped today on my way to the Bluffs by a ranger explaining to me that I could not hop the fence down to the beach. I have been doing this for the last 20 years, had no idea this was not allowed. I guess from reading this post, I have been lucky not having been stopped before. One less place to go....
ebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #20
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebar View Post
I was stopped today on my way to the Bluffs by a ranger explaining to me that I could not hop the fence down to the beach. I have been doing this for the last 20 years, had no idea this was not allowed. I guess from reading this post, I have been lucky not having been stopped before. One less place to go....
Yea, all of golden cove is now unaccessible unless you own a boat. or swim about 2 miles
Jolinedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote