Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Results: TCSD Shore dive event - FP

The event was a big hit - 28 competitors brought in some impressive fish for a shore dive - A good time was had by all - The hogs - Jacob's 25" and Steve's 23" - were huge for over here, and a shore dive at that! Cory Sweatt also tagged a dandy fish with his 22" mutton -

This was a length contest so anyone could win - Pick of the table went to Fred Meyer with a 25 1/4" Black Grouper. Fred chose the Banks Board from the table with a big smile! He deserved it - Not only did he get the longest fish - He was one of the few guys that brought in a full stringer of decent fish!

Three Lion-fish were also exterminated - The big one was shot by Steve Schrader - It was filleted on the measuring board and eaten raw - No soy - No wasabe - Just fish! Surprisingly it was pretty good! One of the pics you can see a group of us guys waiting eagerly for a piece of meat! Steve being a generous fellow, opted to toss his prize of a "Lion Tamer" back into the pot! A cool teenage kid who was there and competed hard won it in the raffle!

One guy had a real nice Red Grouper eaten off his stringer by the Taxman.

Here are the top 10 fish measured - They are in order from longest to shortest!

25 1/4" Black Grouper -
Fred Meyer

24 1/4" Hogfish -
Jacob Hazellief

24" Black Grouper -
Again - Jacob Hazellief

23" Hogfish -
Steve Schrader

22" Mutton Snapper -
Cory Sweatt

18" Black Margate -
Vinny Burns

17 1/4" Sheepshead -
Dan Schalk

14 3/4" Spadefish -
Oscar Garcia

14 1/2 Sheepshead -
Agustin Francisco

11" Lionfish
Steve Schrader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0036.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	155261   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0041.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	155262   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12825.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	155263   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12826.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	155264   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12828.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	155265  

Name:	SDC12837.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	155266   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12849.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	155267   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12878.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	155269   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12864.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	155281   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12854.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	155282  

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 07-17-2011 at 09:35 PM.
H2O ADDICTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Re: Results: TCSD Shore dive event - FP

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SDC12859.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	155271   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12865.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	155272   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12866.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	155273   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12867.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	155274   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12869.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	155275  

Name:	SDC12870.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	155276   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12871.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	155277   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12873.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	155278   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12874.jpg
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	155279   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12876.jpg
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	155280  

Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
*KAYAK KING*

Thanks for posting the results Dan. hope to do another event soon
*KAYAK KING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KAYAK KING* View Post
Thanks for posting the results Dan. hope to do another event soon
No problem Vinny - Gotta post the results! I'm thinking another one in October.

You got close to winning a magazine subscription - But you missed it because we didn't strongly enforce the LATE rule. I did tell him we could have DQ'd him if we wanted to.

I'll talk to ChuckD at Spearing Mag and see what he can do for ya - I'd be willing to bet you'll get the "hook up" - PM me your address Vinny!

- AS A NOTE TO EVERYONE -

At the next TCSD'S event the "LATE" rule will be strictly enforced - We did have guys come in a little late and they still placed in the contest. Next time no tolerance - no exception. Your late - your done. Not one second late on the time keepers watch! We went easy this time.

These events will be getting bigger and bigger - And people will get jumpy when the price goes up for entry and the prizes get bigger. This was a FREE event basically - and the very first one I've hosted or been at other than Vinny's little gig he had - At that one, I WON - and someone was late then too - and I stood to win more money if they DQ'd - They didn't DQ but no big deal - It was all about fun and meeting new peeps for me.

This one too would have went slightly different if the rules were STRICTLY enforced - But we wanted to be the nice guys this time. I'll be a nice guy next time too - But you won't like me if you come in late - Unfortunately you will be DQ'd if you are not standing IN LINE at the exact designated time. Rules are rules for a reason - If we don't enforce them there is no structure - there is no contest.

But all in all for a "first time" gig I think it went totally awesome! I'm still a little "pumped"!

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 07-18-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O ADDICTION View Post
I'll talk to ChuckD at Spearing Mag and see what he can do for ya - I'd be willing to bet you'll get the "hook up" - PM me your address Vinny!
Vinny Burns ALSO gets a subscription to Spearing Magazine! Vin had measured in an 18 inch Black Margate - Vinny took 6th in the tourney due to a last minute ruling on giving a 10 minute grace to a few participants who were late getting to the measuring table. He BARELY made it! Had I DQ'd the late participant Vinny would have taken 5th place and won a subscription.

Vinny did NOT complain or ask about recieving a subscription - It was a discrepancy noted by me shortly after the tourney - I fixed it!

Everyone knows no exceptions for lateness next time - None.

Thanks again Spearing Magazine!

Chuck at Spearing Magazine hookin' a brutha up!

Hey Vinny -
I get first dibs on your rumpled up already read ones!

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 07-19-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Wow 4 or 5 PERSONAL BEST fish and a few "FIRST' TIME FISH" too!

When will this smile go away from my face? My cheeks are actually getting sore! Best pain ever!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
Shallow•Hunter
MURKCREW

Yeah it sucked that i we got stuck out there and had a REALLY tough time getting in.I actually told my dive buddies that it was 1:05 and we had to head in, i def did not expect it to take an hour!!!..i personally had some VERY bad cramping an luckilly steven was there to tow me in for a few mins while i stretched my legs out...i almost didnt make it. Def need better fins. I would have stepped aside in the placings had anyone brought it to my attention.. The rules are the rules...if my tardiness has upset anyone then i do appologise. No excuses..

•FII•Spearing Magazine•Speared Apparel
•Mako Spearguns•Florida Freedivers•Rob Allen
•Salvimar USA•Divers Direct•DeepWorldWide
•Keller Aquatics•RealSea Cammo•Banks Board
•Nautilus•Koah•Woodroze•SeaDek•Guy Harvey
•K.Scott•Jypsea•SportyGirl Apparel•Lionfishhunting.com
•Saltchic•Divewise•Dive Odyssea•InSea World wide
•Cocky Bastard•Ballentina Racks•Hooked Nation
•Stuart Scuba•Black Lagoon Products•Pelagic
•KRAZY Fish•CarlyMejeur.com•DeBrook's Fishing Center
Shallow•Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #8
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow•Hunter View Post
Yeah it sucked that i we got stuck out there and had a REALLY tough time getting in.I actually told my dive buddies that it was 1:05 and we had to head in, i def did not expect it to take an hour!!!..i personally had some VERY bad cramping an luckilly steven was there to tow me in for a few mins while i stretched my legs out...i almost didnt make it. Def need better fins. I would have stepped aside in the placings had anyone brought it to my attention.. The rules are the rules...if my tardiness has upset anyone then i do appologise. No excuses..
It's all good - Myself and Mike had decided on a 10 minute grace period in case anyone did come in a little late - But it wasn't until I noticed at 1:50 several teams were still in the water or somewhere else!

We were mostly concerned with the safety of you guys really - "Where are these guys" - "did anyone see them" - "should we go to the beach and look for them" -" I hope they're OK" and so fourth.

There was some discussion about a DQ flitting about, and that's when me and Mike made a decision and announced a ten minute grace. No one had a problem with it that I know of. Next time though - Anyone late, even by one second - Automatic DQ.

You won fair and square Fred, and did a damn good job doing it! See you at the next TCSD event!

P.S. - And you beat the 10 minute grace - By a little LESS than10 seconds!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
Shallow•Hunter
MURKCREW

Whew! Thats too close for comfort.....i appreciate it guys. Def lookin forward to the next event! It cant come soon enough!! Lol

•FII•Spearing Magazine•Speared Apparel
•Mako Spearguns•Florida Freedivers•Rob Allen
•Salvimar USA•Divers Direct•DeepWorldWide
•Keller Aquatics•RealSea Cammo•Banks Board
•Nautilus•Koah•Woodroze•SeaDek•Guy Harvey
•K.Scott•Jypsea•SportyGirl Apparel•Lionfishhunting.com
•Saltchic•Divewise•Dive Odyssea•InSea World wide
•Cocky Bastard•Ballentina Racks•Hooked Nation
•Stuart Scuba•Black Lagoon Products•Pelagic
•KRAZY Fish•CarlyMejeur.com•DeBrook's Fishing Center
Shallow•Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
shine

enjoyed the event, thank you for putting it together.

Joel
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
oceanplayerjm

where was this event, and is there another one planned in the near future?
oceanplayerjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanplayerjm View Post
where was this event, and is there another one planned in the near future?
It was at Fort Pierce's Pepper Park Beach - We will be having another event in October. The exact date is not set yet.

This next event will also feature some cool prizes - but will focus primarily spreading the word of our mission and recruiting club members to form a legitimate club from what is now a large, but loose network of Treasure Coast spearfishing enthusiast's - Into a legitimate Spearfishing Organization. An organization that will strongly promote, preserve and protect the sport of freedive spearfishing in the state of Florida.

We will have "open" and private events and competition's/tournaments that will in part be fundraiser's for the club, club events, and other worthy causes that we as a club choose to promote or support. These events will also be social events where we can get together for fun, food, competition, and socializing.

Dues and donations will be asked of official club members as to further our like minded causes and events. At first our dues will be quite small - When we can afford too, we will offer shirts, hats, and other swag with memberships - If enough participation is seen we will change things as the club and it's member's sees fit.

Club meetings will be held on a regular basis. Eventually we will form a governing process through nominations and elections. I will always remain "Founder" but really I want to get it going real strong, and then I want it to see it live on through the leadership of the other guys. Everybody puts their own spin on things, and it is only right that the club experience new leaders and their views.

There is a ton of work to make this happen and make it all legit. It's not exactly pain free - and money is involved too - Something most of us, including me, are fairly short of. We are learning all we can and absorbing lots of great info- and at the same time trying to put together another quality event and form a club/organization....We'll get there!

See you in October - Stay on the look out for the exact date of the next Treasure Coast Skin Divers event!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
CorySweatt

Send a message via Yahoo to CorySweatt

Haven't been on here in a few days. New Gf keeping me busy. It was definitely an awesome time and my two biggest fish were also both my firsts of each. Mutton and Hog. Looking forward to many more events and hopefully the vis clears up soon so we can get back out in the water.
CorySweatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
OneBreathOneFL

sweet event look to sign up next time be sure to post a registration on here
OneBreathOneFL is offline   Reply With Quote