Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
Poseridon

Hey ladies...

...hippies, rockers, longhaired country boys, and other assorted freebirds. My dive partner is still searching for a way to not have what she calls "homeless hair" after a dive. Last dive she braided a ponytail and put elastic hair ties every couple inches, which helped, but after about 3-4 hours in the water the hair tie against her neck made a nasty abrasion. What do you do with your long hair when you dive?
Poseridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Petra
Livin' the life!

Send a message via AIM to Petra
Re: Hey ladies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseridon View Post
Last dive she braided a ponytail and put elastic hair ties every couple inches, which helped, but after about 3-4 hours in the water the hair tie against her neck made a nasty abrasion. What do you do with your long hair when you dive?
Myself and a handful of my friends do braids on the side. It also doesn't interfere with your mask.

--
Follow my adventures!
oceanloveher.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Passionate. Unconventional. Independent.
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #3
Lyterkillsling
Shaft'n Captain

Hey ladies...

I wear a hood.... If your super into your hair condition it later..... Or find a new lifestyle.

BenthicOceanSports.com
Descentspearfishing.com
Lyterkillsling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
Poseridon

Petra- Thanks. That seems like such an obvious solution, I can't believe neither of us thought of that.
Lyters- Thanks for suggesting the hood and conditioner. We dive Northern California, so the hood is mandatory, and she uses conditioner, but we mostly dive sites with no showers. As far as finding a new lifestyle, well I guess that's what I get for calling on the hippies and freebirds.

Last edited by Poseridon; 05-21-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Formatting
Poseridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:37 AM   #5
Lyterkillsling
Shaft'n Captain

Lol spray bottles like what can be used for your suit. Or even dawn it and dip it in the ocean or use a spare jug of water, camp stores have hang able showers as well. I could come up with a few ways to take a shower with out a restroom around.

BenthicOceanSports.com
Descentspearfishing.com
Lyterkillsling is offline   Reply With Quote