Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Stick It

Smile Selling our 2014 timeshare week in Belize (San Pedro, Ambergris Caye)

Hi everyone,

The wifey and I can't use our 2014 timeshare week in Belize because it's just too difficult to travel with our very young children, so we're looking to sell it. Just the week's stay; not the whole timeshare.

It's at the Grand Colony Island Villas in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, Belize. Here’s the main site: http://www.grandcolonyvillas.com/

It is for the Beachfront Presidential Suite Villa, 3 bedrooms, sleeps up to six people, and it is for any week during all of 2014 that they still have available; I can check any dates someone is curious about.

We're asking for a flat $2,500 (for up to 6 people), which can save you at least $5,000 off the regular price.

Here’s the photo gallery: http://www.grandcolonyvillas.com/photo-gallery/

Here's the website for a virtual tour: http://www.grandcolonyvillas.com/gra...-virtual-tour/

Here’s reviews from people on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ize_Cayes.html

And here's some pics from our actual trips:

Mayan Ruins

Spider Monkey

Jungle Horseback Riding

Two guides and I caught these lobsters! You can book trips like this yourself, too...

They cooked them right on the beach for us

The spear fishing is GREAT (freedive spearfishing only, though; no scuba), and the diving is amazing...

It's right on the beach, your choice of either the ground floor unit (no stairs), or the 2nd floor unit (top floor, one flight of stairs & that one has a private balcony). Both units have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, master Jacuzzi, full kitchen, dining room, living room, 10 - 15 minute walk from the heart of town, pick-up practically outside your door at the dock for excursions to the mainland, or for snorkeling, fishing, spearfishing, diving, etc. Mayan ruins, cave tubing, jungle hiking, rain forest zip lining, the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world, incredible food (never had single bad meal there in all the years we've gone!); it's got it all. I guarantee you, this place is worth it!

If you are concerned about hurricane season: The resort gives a full credit if a cancellation is required due to a hurricane, and so I personally guarantee a full refund, or rescheduling; your preference.

Also, the reservation would be in your name and all guests are also listed; it is 100% full disclosure with the resort & legit...no sneaking around required whatsoever.

Edited to add: If you like a laid back place, then you will love Belize. You never have to dress up, and shorts, sandals and a t-shirt or tank top are all that you need. And that frees up a lot of luggage space for spearfishing / diving / fishing / etc gear, or even food, if you want to bring your own from home and save on costs. We usually bring cereal, dry pasta, pancake mix, and other stuff like that (the full kitchen really comes in handy with that).

Please feel free to either e-mail or message me with any questions at all.

Thanks Everyone!
Stick It

Last edited by Stick It; 05-03-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Stick It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

Re: Selling our 2014 timeshare week in Belize (San Pedro, Ambergris Caye)

i had one of the best nights of my life in that pool about ten years ago. seeing those pictures brought me right back....to be 20 again!
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Stick It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMackDaddy View Post
i had one of the best nights of my life in that pool about ten years ago. seeing those pictures brought me right back....to be 20 again!

But you can't drop a line like that & not give us some details! Lol...

And no reason you can't go back...

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...80#post1947680

Old 06-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
divefilm

Looks sick!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
LANDLOCKED!

I thought that there was no spearing at all there?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
kingfisherflesh
Happy Huntin'

Available dates?

WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS
kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
malibujohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisherflesh View Post
Available dates?
X2- and yes, you can spearfish and gig all the lobster you want
malibujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
Divefresh
IN YOUR HEAD

Ya..when do you have to use the week?

boonandcrockets@gmail.com

Check my videos out here.....

http://http://vimeo.com/26251075

http://www.youtube.com/user/typical250
Divefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
Stick It

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the late reply; was offline on Sunday helping with the kids, and was just full throttle at work today...

Spearfishing is definitely allowed, just not on scuba; must be while freediving...the guides will even cook up your catch on the beach

Last I checked with the resort (which was about a month ago), they had the following 2014 dates & units still available (I will check with them tomorrow for the latest schedule, though), and they said that I can also move this to 2015 instead if that works better:

Week - Check in Date - Upstairs and / or Downstairs Available
27 7/5 U & D
28 7/12 U & D
29 7/19 U
30 7/26 U
31 8/2 D
32 8/9 U & D
33 8/16 U
34 8/23 U & D
35 8/30 U & D
36 9/6 U & D
37 9/13 U & D
38 9/20 U & D
39 9/27 U & D
40 10/4 U & D
41 10/11 U
42 10/18 U
43 10/25 U
44 11/1 U & D
45 11/8 U

Thanks for everyone's interest, and I will update this as soon as I hear back on the latest schedule...

Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #10
nilsonov

whats the food situation, cook all your own meals?
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #11
Stick It

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsonov View Post
whats the food situation, cook all your own meals?

Hi,

You pretty much have every possible option available when it comes to food; everything from do it yourself, to inexpensive chinese food / pizza / rotisserie chicken / sandwiches / tacos, to awesome sit down restaurant food at laid back places...either at Rico's (which is part of the resort), or on the way to town, or in town itself. The town is literally 3 streets, with tons of restaurants, all amazingly delicious; we have never had a single bad meal in all the years that we have gone there, honest to God.

And everwhere is really laid back, so T-shirts and shorts are the only clothes you need, and that saves a lot of luggage space...and so since the place has a full kitchen, we usually bring a lot of food from home, like dry pasta, cereal, pancake mix, canned goods, etc, so that saves a lot of money in food costs.

There is a small grocery store across the street from the resort entrance too, so that is pretty convenient and inexpensive...

I've also cooked up the fish that I have caught from just fishing / pole spearing in the water near the suite, under the docks...I'm sure you guys know the drill; filleted, hot oil, eggs & breadcrumbs, and we had delicious dinners for dirt cheap

Last edited by Stick It; 07-01-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #12
Stick It

Hello, here is a quick update for everyone; apologies for the delay...

I am still awaiting an updated schedule from the resort (Frank - who manages the schedule there - was out for a couple of days & I just spoke to him on the phone a little bit ago & he said he will be sending it to me today), but the last I checked with him (which was about a month or so ago), they had the following 2014 dates & units still available, as mentioned in my earlier reply above...

Please note that one person today has stated a possible interest in the week of Oct 4th, and I am awaiting to hear back from them if they would like me to place a hold on it; will update this once I hear back).

Frank had also confimed previously that I can also move this to 2015 instead if that works better; if anyone is interested in 2015 instead please let me know of a specifc week / set of weeks, as that is easier for him to check instead of him listing a whole calendar year:

Week - Check in Dates - Upstairs and / or Downstairs
27 7/5 U & D
28 7/12 U & D
29 7/19 U
30 7/26 U
31 8/2 D
32 8/9 U & D
33 8/16 U
34 8/23 U & D
35 8/30 U & D
36 9/6 U & D
37 9/13 U & D
38 9/20 U & D
39 9/27 U & D
40 10/4 D (PLEASE NOTE: One person has stated an possible interest in this week, and I am awaiting to hear back from him if he would like me to place a hold on it)
41 10/11 U
42 10/18 U
43 10/25 U
44 11/1 U & D
45 11/8 U

Many Thanks!

Last edited by Stick It; 07-03-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #13
Stick It

Hello, I have received the latest 2014 available dates schedule:

Week Date Up/Downstairs
27 7/5 U & D
28 7/12 U & D
29 7/19 U
30 7/26 U
34 8/23 U & D
35 8/30 U & D
36 9/6 U & D
37 9/13 U & D
38 9/20 U & D
39 9/27 U & D
40 10/4 D
41 10/11 U
42 10/18 U
43 10/25 U
44 11/1 D

And some additional news:

SOme members have asked me about a possible ban on spearfishing by Tourists, and I have spent this weekend and today trying to find out exactly what the deal is, as I had not heard that before & I have gone spearfishing there many times in the past...here's what I have found out so far:

I called the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, and they confirmed that no law has been put in place at the moment that forbids spearfishing by tourists, but that several parties are trying to pass such a ban. At the moment, though, it is still legal (outside of marine reserves, of course).

I also called the dive shop there, and they confirmed that they do indeed still book spearfishing trips for tourists, and although it is unpopular with some groups, it is still legal for tourists.

Couple of very important caveats, though: Scuba gear is strictly forbidden while spearfishing, (free diving only is permitted), and pole spears and Hawaiian Slings are acceptable. Spearguns, however, are generally frowned upon, some operators may not take you out with them, and some officials may take issue with them; best to leave the speargun at home, unfortunately. That will obviously not sit well with many members on this board (me included!), but I am 100% honest and the last thing that I would ever want is for someone to get in trouble for something that I could prevent.

I also e-mailed the Department of Fisheries as a third check, especially after reading some posts by a Belizian member on this board, but have yet to hear back from them...I will update as soon as possible if I hear back from them.

Thanks to everyone for their understanding, hope this helps, and please feel free to contact me with any questions at all about that...ask as many questions as you need to; it's my pleasure to help!

Cheers

Old 07-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #14
scubaphil

Is the 2500 a one time price and is there a maintenance fee and the week I pic is permanent
scubaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #15
Stick It

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaphil View Post
Is the 2500 a one time price and is there a maintenance fee and the week I pic is permanent

Hi,

Sorry, this is for just one week in either 2014 or 2015 (your choice, and you can choose from any week during these years that they still have available).

I.E. You'd rent one week from our timeshare ownership, but the ownership & use of the weeks in the future years remains with us (unless of course we try to rent / "sell" any weeks).

So it's not for the ownership of the timeshare unit itself, where you would then have one week per year, every year...that instead would sell for tens of thousands of dollars...

Thanks!