Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 10-31-2022, 06:37 PM   #1
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Adreno Poseidon cuttles

anyone tried these? nice long flattened section and currently less than half the price of a Scoriatech shipped to Aust. too good to be true?

https://spearfishing.com.au/collecti...n-barrel-130cm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adreno cuttle.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	248625  
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 02:54 AM   #2
spearq8

Re: Adreno Poseidon cuttles

It says 26mm tube ... need to check fit with Pathos or Avatar handles as they are designed for 26.5mm. I would also not depend on the O rings to prevent water getting in and would want to foam the inside of the tube or use some plugs with flexible sealant from 3M. Mario did mention to me that he has some really good new silicone plugs but haven't really tried them out.

By the way Ermessub also has some new CF tubes and you should check the pricing on those. I have seen them but really don't know the pricing. With any of these tubes you have to find a solution to prevent water getting in the tubes.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #3
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
It says 26mm tube ... need to check fit with Pathos or Avatar handles as they are designed for 26.5mm. I would also not depend on the O rings to prevent water getting in and would want to foam the inside of the tube or use some plugs with flexible sealant from 3M. Mario did mention to me that he has some really good new silicone plugs but haven't really tried them out.

By the way Ermessub also has some new CF tubes and you should check the pricing on those. I have seen them but really don't know the pricing. With any of these tubes you have to find a solution to prevent water getting in the tubes.
thanks Majd! yep, same - I never rely on those Orings for either fit or sealing.
Once pipe's cut to correct length, silicone plugs inserted with silicone grease, and handle boss is perfect diameter with Orings removed, I epoxy it in. Eliminates quite a bit of flex in that pipe-handle join.
I don't epoxy the muzzle in as not subject to anywhere near the torque of handle join, and allows me to trim pipe shorter in future if needed, but do always use silicone plug to seal muzzle end.

Waiting for Mario to get back to me re sending pipe to Australia - bought with handle, muzzle and reel might offset the DHL $$
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
svivian

I saw these and they looked nice, but for the same reasons Spearq8 pointed out I did not order them. Last time i ordered a barrel too small required alot of sanding and ultimately compromised the barrel.
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:37 AM   #5
spearq8

Mario sent me some pix of his CF cuttle shape tubes. I haven't tried them and I would wait for someone to give feedback on them as many times there are things that need to be fixed before they are good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ermessub CF_3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	248656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ermessub CF_4.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	248657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ermessub CF_6.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	248658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ermessub CF_2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	248659  
Old 11-16-2022, 02:54 AM   #6
spearq8

Quote:
Originally Posted by svivian View Post
I saw these and they looked nice, but for the same reasons Spearq8 pointed out I did not order them. Last time i ordered a barrel too small required alot of sanding and ultimately compromised the barrel.

Actually it is possible that a 26mm could be made to fit quite well. On the Ermessub handle I had asked Mario to add ridges so that they can be micro sanded off to make a perfect fit for 26.5mm barrels with O rings. I always hated how you get some flex to accomodate the O ring. The ridges are to stiffen things up. Sanding off part or all of the ridges could get you to 26mm with no problems ... but someone has to be the Guinea pig and try it to be sure. You would need to sand off each ridge exactly the same amount. I am sure that this has already been done but need feedback from whoever tried it.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #7
svivian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Actually it is possible that a 26mm could be made to fit quite well. On the Ermessub handle I had asked Mario to add ridges so that they can be micro sanded off to make a perfect fit for 26.5mm barrels with O rings. I always hated how you get some flex to accomodate the O ring. The ridges are to stiffen things up. Sanding off part or all of the ridges could get you to 26mm with no problems ... but someone has to be the Guinea pig and try it to be sure. You would need to sand off each ridge exactly the same amount. I am sure that this has already been done but need feedback from whoever tried it.
Yes that is true for Marios while other handles like the pathos or a meandros B28 would be more difficult to keep even. Also I would be hesitant to shave that much material off the handle considering these handles are made for more standard sized barrels. I like to interchange handles and barrels when im tinkering.
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote